Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chemistry in my Kitchen


I often wondered how can someone be so close to that one blue flame. It scared the hell out of me even to stand close by. I always thought when I turn the stove on, even before I lit the stove the gas will spread all around me and I would catch fire and get burnt and soon cry aloud and die. LOLL how foolish was I!! There are days when my mother shouted from outside room to put off the fire in the kitchen, and I went close to the stove wondering if the boiling water falls on my hand while I am in the process of putting the fire off... She wondered how could her daughter be able to manage if she continues to be the same? One fine day my mother came across this one big gas lighter which was as long as my hand itself and it looked like a rifle , which came to me as a partial blessing in disguise. Now with this, I dared to put on the fire in my Kitchen. Slowly I learn this was such a silly mind set of mine. Laughed at myself. As days passed my tongue responded to various tastes and felt if I could cook the best food like how my mother does ,will not have to miss her hands and make my tongue cry when I am in any part of the world ;-). This way I initially tried my hands on cooking. And luckily till this day everything I have made has tasted yummy. Cooking is all about playing with natural chemicals available in nature and experimenting. Sometimes you happen to make a piece of heaven when you add, toss the right amount of ingredients and trust me serving this to people will make them fall in love with you all over again. Yes of course it's not all about right ingredients, mixing,frying ,boiling etc,. It requires whole lot of patience to stand in front of hot pot making your skin ughhh. And also make your beautiful fingers smell like Fee-fi-fo-fum. These are the little things that can be taken care of. When you want to taste yummy stuff it does make sense to spend sometime and make your hands toil a lil.

No comments:

Post a Comment